Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shakin' & Bakin'...

...ok, so this morning I certainly had good intentions of getting up early (4:30 am) so that I could get my workout started at 5:00 am. However, a whining dog that needed to be let out at 2:00 am disrupted my sleep...grrr...I had a hard time falling back to sleep and only did so at 4:00 am. By the time I woke up, the alarm clock said 5:30. So I dragged myself out of bed, got showered, and decided to try for mid-morning.

Aided by a little caffeine--here's what I cranked out in the gym today...

Group A
1a) DB 2 Arm Curl & Press - 3 sets x 8-10 reps
1s/10# (eh) - 2s/10# (eh) - 3s/12# (eh)
1b) Cable Standing Press - 3 sets x 8-10 reps
1s/60# - 2s/60# - 3s - 60# (moved up in weight on this one from last week)
1c) Frontal Plane Hip Swings - 3 x 15 reps (each leg)
1d) Bodyweight Alternating Lateral Lunges - 3 x 15 (each leg) - keeping these close & low to
the ground gets my heart rate up!

Group B
2a) DB Incline Press - 3 sets x 8-10 reps
1s/20# (eh) - 2s/25# (eh) - 3s/30# (eh) - moved in up weight
2b) 1-Arm Cable Press - 3 sets x 8-10 reps (each side)
1s/20# (eh) - 2s/20# (eh) - 3s/30# (eh) - moved up in weight from last week
2c) Alternating Bench Step-offs - 3 x 15 reps (each leg)
2d) Bodyweight Back-Reaching Lunges - 3 x 15 reps (each leg)

Group C

3a) DB Flat Bench Flyes - 3 sets x 10-12 reps
1s/15# (eh) - 2s/15# (eh) - 3s/20# (eh)
3b) Pushups on ball - 3 sets x 10 reps per set
3c) Low to High Cable Choppers - 3 x 15 reps (each side)
1s/20# - 2s/20# - 3s/30#
3d) Bodyweight Front Reach Lunges - 3 x 15 reps (each leg)

So--I accomplished getting through 3 sets of all 3 quad-plexes!!! Hooray!!!! These are tough--the idea is to generate as much 'sucking wind' as possible by the time you complete 3 circuits of each quad-plex. I rest about 2 minutes between each quad-plex before going at it again!!!! The muscle fatigue/rubbery leg feeling never fails to kick in around the middle of end of Group B. But pushing through is mandatory!!! (at least in my mind)...

Heading off tonight to watch the HCHS (Holland Christian High School) boys varsity bb team try to gun their way to another win in the quarterfinals tonight. Drivetime will be around 1.5 hours one way...argh...but of course--that's March Madness!!!!

More tomorrow!!!!

Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment