Thursday, March 11, 2010

Training Summary

The split goes like this: 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off. Training days = M/T/Th/F. Scott also requested that I add in an extra cardio day of 60 'stand-up' minutes. No biking!!! That would be Saturday! I can handle that!

Quad-Plex Training - Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D. There will be 4 different exercises in each group, done one right after the other with only 30-60 seconds of rest at the completion of each group of 4 exercises. I need to do 2-3 sets of each Group--ultimately working up to 4 sets per group. For example, I will do Group A 2-3 times in a row, rest for 2-3 minutes; then move to Group B and repeat the same process. I'll post the specific day exercises in another post.

I'm supposed to generate a 'tremendous amount of cardio output' (read 'bust my tookus' and 'sucking wind' on completion of all four exercises in each group). Bring it on!!!

The first exercise in each group is usually a barbell or dumbbell exercise so I have to do that with good form and not with speed. The remaining 3 exercises in each group will use either tubing, a stability ball, a medicine ball or bodyweight, and must be performed with speed--unless it is a balance movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment